Sunday, May 12, 2013

Stylish In Paradise...

Hola,

Here we go again my loves! If you're reading this, I hope you've had or are having a super fabulous day or night!

So my last post (A Letter To My Father) was pretty intense, quite heartbreaking but so incredibly beautiful and liberating. If you haven't read it, finish reading this post then please go read the letter :). I promise you will like it. I'm extremely happy I wrote it, and that I received so much wonderful feedback and comments so thank you all!

This week let's lighten things up a little bit shall we? Since we're almost upon summer, I know many of us will be going on some type of vacation soon so it's only appropriate that I write about what to wear on vacation (as you can see in my picture below, I prefer vacationing on the beach). Plus, I was so flattered that I was asked by a reader to write about this topic. It means that there is interest arising in what I have to say so thank you! Now let's get started...




I was browsing the Internet the other day, and I found the most fabulous link on Elle Magazine's website which contains examples on what to wear on vacation to different places.  The options vary in price from affordable to expensive but nonetheless, you can get a general idea on what to wear if you're traveling to these cities or similar ones. I will post the link later in this blog because of course I want you to continue reading ;).

As for me, when I travel on vacation, I tend to pack what I know I will need with extras for emergencies, variety and unexpected activities. I'm not one who will take three suitcases full of clothes on a one week vacation. Does this surprise you? I bet it does but hey what can I say, I like simplicity. Plus I feel like it's a vacation for a reason. So traveling light is part of the whole rest and relaxation idea.

When I choose a vacation spot, I prefer the beach hands down. If a beach is not involved, there most definitely has to be a pool. To me, one or the other or both are essential for me to relax and have fun. I often wonder if it's because I'm from the Caribbean that I am partial to the ocean... I just love to swim, the smell of the water, the air and watching the sunrises and sunsets right on the beach. In any case, for me packing is pretty easy. Light airy clothing in bright beautiful colors are first on the list, prints are fantastic for the summer months especially dresses and long skirts, bikinis are a must (*smile*), beautiful sandals and cute summer hats as well. However, let's keep this post unbiased because some of us do travel to places where the weather is colder, and there are some pretty awesome outfits for this type of climate. A sexy leather jacket, super high heeled boots with comfy sweaters and scarves! Ahhh, scarves are so delightful aren't they?! So you see you can look amazing on vacation no matter what climate you're traveling to. I've included two lists. One for hot weather and another for cold, with the last being a list of accessories.

I feel that as long as you have the basics for the climate in question, you can then add extra pieces accordingly. So below you will find just a few of the items that I usually pack when I go on vacation. These are basic ideas and suggestions so of course, we will add as many items to this list as we think we will need for the entire trip:

If You're Traveling To Places With Hot Weather:


Shorts - Denim, cotton and anything in between.
Cotton Pants - White is a must, but bright colors are winners as well.
Tank Top - Cannot go wrong with tank tops in every color.
Dressy Top - Play up a skirt or pant for dinner or dancing.
Short Summer Dress - Great for sight-seeing, walking on the beach and shopping.
Maxi Dress - I love maxi dresses. They are especially great for a sexy evening stroll or a dinner date.
Swimsuit - Bikini, one piece, tankini... in all colors! Yes!
Flat Sandals - Great for sight-seeing, shopping or a late night stroll. Comfort is important.
Heeled Sandals - Play up a dress, skirt, shorts, etc. for a night out on the town. Fabulous!
Wedge Sandals - Great for a lot of walking even if they are several inches high.
Summer Hat - A floppy summer hat is a sexy accessory for a summer dress and any outfit.
Tote/Over-sized Bag - Great for the beach or sight-seeing. You can carry tons of items in them.
Sunglasses - Always carry a fabulous pair. I love over-sized sunglasses. They add style to an outfit.

I've added some style boards that I found on Pinterest to give you a visual idea for warm weather ensembles. Check them out:





I love these boards because they include a little bit of everything to make an entire outfit work right down to what color nail polish to wear. Awesome!

If You're Traveling To Places With Cold Weather:

Jeans - Perfect for colder climates and they go with absolutely everything.
Sweater - There's nothing like a snuggly, gorgeous sweater at a snowy ski resort.
Leggings - A great option to pair with sweaters and boots. Also, under jeans/pants to keep you warm.
Jacket/Coat - A stylish jacket or coat will play up any outfit while seeing the sights. Leather is great!
Sweater Dress - These dresses are stylish, cozy and great for an evening out.
Hoodie - I adore hoodies. Wear with jeans or pants for a more casual look.
Dress Pants - For those dinners out on the town if you don't want to wear a dress or skirt.
Dressy Blouse - You can pair with dress pants, skirt or jeans for an evening of fun.
Flat Shoes - Great if you’ll be doing a lot of walking. Again, comfort is important.
Heeled Boots - The sexiest cold weather shoe! The heeled boot can be paired with any outfit.
Sunglasses - Again, Do not go anywhere without a fabulous pair. Sunglasses are not just for summer.
Large Handbag - A tote is great for summer but for colder months, a large handbag is so stylish.

Check out this style board from Pinterest for cold weather outfits:



This board shows just how stylish and fabulous your winter outfit can be while on vacation. The leather jacket and boots complement the whole look. Oh yes!

Must-Have Accessories:

Hoop Earrings - You cannot go wrong with these. They play up every outfit, and the size can vary.
Bangle Bracelets/Cuffs - They are so pretty and stylish especially when stacked.
Over-Sized Ring - I adore these. They look fabulous coupled with an awesome manicure.
Over-Sized Watch - The “It” accessory. You can pair with a few stacked bracelets as well.
Clutch - Excellent for an evening out. You can choose a bright color to play up your outfit.
Wristlet - If you're going dancing, this would be the way to go rather than a large handbag or clutch.
Cute Socks - For cold climates there is nothing cuter than bright, colorful socks to stay warm.
Gloves - Leather gloves will complete your ensemble for day and night.
Scarf - Bright, patterned, colorful, solid... Whatever you choose, scarves are simply delightful.
Sunscreen - Especially if you'll be under the sun. Never forget your SPF.

Here is another style board with visuals for accessories:





Aren't these absolutely lovely? Note, for jewelry you can go with either gold or silver. It's your preference.

My last example is the link I mentioned at the beginning of the post from Elle magazine. This link has 13 examples of cities and what would be the best items to wear on your vacation. If your intended city is not listed, you can still get an idea on what to wear from these suggestions. I hope you find them as informative and fabulous as I did:


So there you have it my sexy fashionistas. I hope you were able to get some great options for your next trip. Remember, the items I listed are just the basics and some of the items that I would choose to bring. I hope they've given you an idea on what you would pack. You can add to this or change it up according to your tastes and what you'd like to wear on your fabulous getaway. Bring as many or as few (if you like traveling light) of your favorite items and make it work. Last, don't forget to take tons of pictures so you can have wonderful memories and proof that you looked super fabulous and stylish on your awesome vacation! Happy and safe travels my loves!

Please feel free to comment below with your ideas and choices. Add photos and links if you have pictures you'd like to share as examples. Let's make this fun! Go #engage!

Until next time!

Gracias,
AnnaCris <3


4 comments: